Tuesday 21 May 2013

oh those little shoots!

          I'm just showing off. Maybe also a little smug because I've N.E.V.E.R managed to grow anything before in my life - I think. Except for a couple of papaya trees when I threw some seeds into mum's flower pot by the kitchen door a long time ago. They grew by the grace of Allah - no effort whatsoever on my part. Mum transferred the seedlings to a couple of spots on our property and we got to sample homegrown papayas for quite a while. Until it bent double after a heavy thunderstorm.
           Anyway, here are pics of the shoots. I'm hoping/praying fervently that they'll grow into vegetable/fruit bearing handsome specimens ;)




My bean plants - which was actually a fortunate accident. I threw the beans in there thinking that it would act as mulch. It grew instead. You probably can't see it but there's one spinach shoot leftover from the family feud I mentioned in an earlier posting.



All the tomato seeds germinated well. I also have a solitary chilli seedling and a couple of hybrid cabbages.


I replanted chillis and cabbages in the rectangular packet [which formerly housed biscuits]. The round cups have soursop and custard apple [buah nona] seeds in its unscathed form.


More soursop and custard apple seeds which have been scarified. Saw it on youtube and thought I'd give it a shot ;)



Carrots shoots. Have to transfer this to a bigger pot later - unless I give in to Auni's wish for baby carrots.




This is dirt from my backyard. I'm letting dry out for a bit before adding soil that I bought from a nursery to it. Wanna see if anything will grow well enough in the mixture.





            I'm actually thinking of easy ways to garden so I've been visiting many gardening blogs and youtube of course. And I've learnt a lot. Well, enough to do some experimenting at least. Will keep you posted on the outcome. Being a lazy gardener and pretty good researcher should yield satisfactory results methinks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment