Sunday 23 June 2013

Some grew, some died, some dying.....

            I've committed "herbicide" [as a fellow gardening friend puts it!] yet again! s.i.g.h....And the cute little kittens from next door are aiding and abetting me by frolicking on the flowerbeds and pots. Look at my poor pea plants.....they're all askew. And only a couple of spinach seedlings survived the frolicking :D Aaaaah well....how can I hold kittens responsible for this carnage ;)
Abg Enal said I could still save the pea plants. I should transplant them onto the plot at my backyard. Anuar said he'd do it. Yesterday, the backyard was nicely mowed so I can now see terraces which were made aeons ago when my brother gardened there. I should get Anuar to transplant all the mango and soursop trees there in a couple of weeks.


The mango plants seem to be doing well....so far! I've got more seeds being germinated. It's the mango season now so I have LOTS of seeds :D





 Tried germinating seeds using an egg tray. Some have germinated - spinach, sawi, cabbage, butterhead lettuce, sage. Lets hope I'll have better luck with them this time around.










Seedlings galore! Carrots, more spinach, okra [which some bug seem to love so much that NONE of the ones I sowed earlier survived past a few weeks]. The dill hasn't made an appearance yet.




Kailan seedlings. Thin straggly looking. What do I do with them now???



 Cili padi and eggplant seedlings.
 The store bought lemon seeds actually germinated! I'd probably not get any fruit even if the plants grow but I just love the fact that seeds sprouted! I have several types of seeds from fruits that I consumed that I'm trying to sprout just for the heck of it. 


I can actually see tiny coriander leaves! The chives next to it doesn't seem to want to see the world though. I wonder why....Oh, there are quite a fair bit of onion leaves in a couple of pots. I should pick some of them - they're getting too long.



The dying stevia and bunga tahi ayam. They seemed healthy enough when I brought them home from the nursery. My sister said that this happens sometimes. In my case, it's MOST times :D




I swear this cabbage plant hasn't grown a single millimeter since I last blogged about it!

I'm encouraged by the fact that many gardeners I know kill plants many, many times before they successfully grow them into maturity. So I shall endeavour...and persevere. Who knows...I may get to growing strong healthy plants faster than I imagined ;)

WISH ME LOTSA LUCK! I [and the plants] NEED YOUR PRAYERS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment